Wednesday, December 10, 2008

THANKSGIVING... or something like it.



Well, this Thanksgiving was definitely interesting. I must also mention that it was my 31st Birthday. Thanks everyone for celebrating with turkey, ham and all the fixins on my special day! Well we started off the day around midnight when we had to take Maya to the ER, she had been feeling ill earlier in the day and had a fever. I was just about to go to sleep for the night, my niece Laura and I had been up making carrot cake and were about to turn in when I felt I needed to check on her. Well, she woke up she had a fever of 103.6 and was freaking out a bit because she was having probs breathing. So, we woke Megan up and loaded everyone in the truck and drove to the hospital. As soon as the triage nurse saw and heard her she said she had croup. She sounded like a barking seal and wanted to hold Mommy a lot. She was such a trooper considering that she felt like pooh. The doc saw her and confirmed that it was croup and took a chest x-ray just to make sure she wasn't getting pneumonia and then gave her a breathing treatment and some roids. So we got home around 3am. I slept on the floor in her room, while her WONDERFUL Daddy drove around on Thanksgiving Day at 3am trying to find a place to fill his little girl's RX. He got home around 4:30am. So we all slept in a little. We decided not to go to Mom & Dad Padgett's so we wouldn't spread the germs. Marc stayed home with Maya while Megan and I went to Plant City to have Thanksgiving with my family. Poor Marc didn't get to go to dinner, but since his Mommy loves him soooo much, she sent him Thanksgiving Dinner to enjoy at home.

We had fun at my brother Marty's house. My cousin Gloria brought crafts for the kids to make, pine cone Christmas trees and gingerbread men to decorate and eat. We ate and talked; and ate and talked. Good times, good times! The kids played football outside and ran around. It was day filled with good food, good company and mostly good memories.

No comments: