Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Holy Land Experience


On Saturday 11/29 I went on a field trip with my sister Hermy's World Religions Class to the Holy Land Experience in Orlando. I did not know that this place even existed. It was an interesting place. They had a cool fountain that "danced" to the music playing. There were tours of the Bible through history, a miniature model of the city of Jerusalem, a smaller replica of King Herod's temple, a playground for he kids, and a live Crucifixion re-enactment. Yes, that's right a Crucifixion re-enactment. That was really hard to watch, it makes it so real and really puts into perspective how hard (major understatement) it must have been for our Savior to go through it. It makes me realize hoe much our Heavenly Father loves us to be willing to let His Son die for us. I am very grateful for His sacrifice and the hope that it brings me and my family everyday.

It was nice spending time with my little sister too. She has grown up so fast, I can't believe she's graduating this year!!! It seems like just yesterday I was trying to get that spikey hair of hers to lay flat, but it was actually 17 years ago. Time flies!! She is such a sweetie and I love her lots!!!

No comments: